The SCC Academy is based in Tyseley, Birmingham. The building has been designed and purpose built to be user-friendly and easily accessible.
The overall objective of the sustainable travel strategy is to make SCC Academy accessible by sustainable modes of transport, including walking, cycling and public transport whilst encouraging sustainable travel, improving accessibility, and minimising traffic.
Current initiatives involve:
- Providing secure bicycle parking
- Promoting and encouraging sustainable travel by providing travel information for public services – trains, buses etc.
- Managing car parking provisions for those who have no other alternative means of travel other than car
- Encouraging car sharing where possible
- Providing facilities (such as showers) to support walking and cycling
- Providing locker facilities to accommodate walkers and cyclists, allowing them to store equipment such as helmets and bags.
- Offering parking bays that are designed to accommodate hybrid / electric cars and for disabled parking.
SCC Academy can be accessed by bus number 4, 4A and 36 – routes will take passengers to Manor Farm Road which is a 2-minute walk from the site.
The nearest train station is Tyseley, approximately 0.8 miles or approximately 15 minutes’ walk away.
For further information, please click on the link for our travel policy.